If you are a parent or even a parent-to-be, you already know the struggle of finding a good school for your child is real. An educational institute plays a very significant role in a child’s development, not just academically but in aspects way beyond it.
We as parents are on a quest to collaborate with an institution that truly allows our child to explore his individual talents, strengths, inclinations, and skills.
When I Google searched for best International schools in Mumbai, one name that popped up and caught my attention for several reasons was JBCN International School.
I learnt that this renowned name would now have a base at Chembur. And so on a hot sunny afternoon, I paid a visit to the promising structure of this school being constructed at RC Marg, Chembur. And here are my findings about the school after meeting the authorities there and experiencing a glimpse of what the school will be like.
I hope they will help you take an informed decision.
The JBCN Beliefs and Philosophy
Gone are the days when schooling was about academics alone and emphasis was laid on rote memorisation. A school as an institute must realise that for the holistic development of a child, the learning must be pushed beyond classrooms.
At JBCN it is firmly believed that every child is unique and gifted with exceptional talents, strengths and skills. To nurture these talents and skills, they have developed EduCreative process which has a 3-dimensional approach i.e. Achieving Academic Excellence, Enriching Creative Experiences and Learning Beyond the Classroom.
JBCN International School has carefully curated several programs, events and activities that provide opportunities to children to explore and enhance their talents and skills. The school aims at developing the Mind-Body-Soul of a child. These include – iPropel, Inspire Us, Innovators’ Conversation, Intra School Primary Mun, Annual Winter Carnival, etc.
One program that caught my attention is iPropel, which is thoughtfully curated by the school faculty. iPropel is a culmination of various progressive, skill based programmes, that facilitate learning by design and not by default. Broadly classified across innovation, Performing Arts, Research and reasoning, Outreach, Physical Fitness, Experiential Learning, and Leadership skills, every component of the program is age-appropriate and aims to further augment the curriculum.
Key Attractions in my opinion:
• Teaching Methodology – The school believes that learning should be experiential. They conduct several excursions, field trips, outreach activities, exchange programs, and have dedicated learning zones to cater to all kinds of learners.
• Infrastructure – The school model looks promising. The sample classrooms are spacious and made keeping in perspective the comfort of the learner.
• Safety and Security – The entire campus is secured with CCTV, even the buses are secured with it. The school assured maintaining high level of security to make sure both parents and their children feel safe and secure in the campus.
• Extracurricular activities – As emphasised earlier the school believes in developing the Mind-Body-Soul of a child through various activities and programmes beyond academics.
• Believes in Sustainability – JBCN International School as an institute recognised the need for conserving the environment and intends to propagate the same to it’s students and their families. I was pleasantly surprised to find a leaflet that would help you measure your carbon footprint and ways to reduce it.
Awards and Accolades
- JBCN International School Bagged the Global Sustainable School Of The Year Award in 2017
- The School has been listed as one of these ‘Future 50 Schools Shaping Success’
- JBCN International School, Parel is awarded the Best International School in South Mumbai on Tuesday, 9th May 2017 by Mid-day Excellence in Education Award.
These are only a few feather in the hat of the institute. Refer the image below for more.
As a former teacher and a parent, I conclude that JBCN complies with every checklist one might have for a good school.