I am blessed with a loving family. In my opinion what makes an extended family connected and knit together are it’s children. So our gang of ladies and brigade of fluff balls decided to try out a place called KidZania at RCity Mall, Ghatkopar, Mumbai.
Now I have been to Kidzania a couple to times before with Mr.G. But this was going to be the first time we were going with his cousins.
What is KidZania ?
Incase you don’t already know and are wondering what Kidzania is, it is an innovative, captivating and educational indoor theme park for children.
It is designed to look like a city where kids play different roles and try out careers involved in city life. At Kidzania, children are placed into situations closely replicating real life environment.
KidZania represents industries present in the real world like private services, public services, entertainment, airline, automobile, retail, restaurants and factories where children can play the role of a Pilot, Surgeon, Detective, Chef, Engineer, TV Producer, Radio Jockey, Car Mechanic and many more.
Factors that evoke interest
- KidZania is a city, we all have dreamt of living in as children. The kind we watch in cartoons and animated movies.
- KidZania provides 100+ role-playing adventures to kids. KidZania Mumbai is beautifully built like a real city with paved roads, benches on the streets, buildings, restaurants, trees, battery operated cars and 60+ establishments like cinema hall, bank, salon, petrol pump, hospital, disco, Chocolate factory and many more.
- Kidzania has its own functioning economy and its own currency called KidZos.
- Children as citizens of this city are given an opportunity to earn KidZos by doing activities like solving a police case, extinguishing fire as a firefighter, delivering packages to their destinations etc.
- The ‘hard earned money’ can then be spent on activities like learning to make chocolate, at the disco, at the cinema or several such activities. This gives an opportunity to kids to manage their finances and develop a sense of autonomy and independence.
- At KidZania, learning takes place through role play. Role play is one of my favourite teaching methods as a teacher. I can hold a book and teach a child about a fire fighters. But it takes learning to another level when the child dresses up as a fire fighter, mimics a fire fighter, sits in a fire engine and extinguishes a pretend fire.
- KidZania is a perfect amalgamation of education, entertainment, fun, learning and skill development. It provides an opportunity to discover, explore, perform and learn.
Our Incredible experience at KidZania Mumbai
At 3 pm with our tummies just about full we reached the ticket counter of KidZania Mumbai. The ticket counter is made to look like an airport. The idea is that you’d be traveling from one city to another.
We collected our boarding passes, KidZos, a map, our security bands and checked into the city of KidZania. We were given a sheet that explained all the activities we could explore in the city of KidZania. We were also given a toddler activity sheet that stated all the activities in KidZania suitable for toddlers, since we had a two year old with us too.
The spectacular, contemporary and bustling city of KidZania awakened the child in me. All the kids jumped with excitement hearing the siren of the ambulance and fire engines.
We first headed to the exclusive zone that had a house and an elementary school play area especially designed for toddlers. At Urbano’s house, there was a bathroom with a bath tub full of blue and white balls. Now does one have to be of a certain age or dive into a ball pool. All kids went right into it. They spent time cooking in the pretend kitchen and bouncing in the bouncy bedroom.
We then headed to the ABZ elementary school. Wide range of books and exclusive toys made this a fun place to be at for the kids.
We ran to the discotheque. The vibrant lights and pumping music got the kids grooving.
We visited cinema hall and watched stage performances by kids as supermodels, dancers and actors.
Then from being fire fighters, to delivery boys, from pilots to doctors, from working at Chocos factory to making chocolates, we did to all. The enthusiasm was at its peak. Kids dressed as police men, ran around the city with a deep look and lots of courage to spot a criminal.
Zeal, passion, fun, joy, fervour, curiosity and happiness was in the air of the city and could be envisioned on every child’s face. We requested the kids to take a break to grab a bite. But who would want to waste time eating? We were in the city until it was time for it to shut, and even then each kid had activity in mind they still wanted to do.
KidZania is worth a visit for being such an innovative bend of creativity, fun and play. It provides a platform to children to learn, to develop social skills, and to build values through fun and play. Our visit to KidZania was unforgettable.
It proved to be a very enriching experience for the kids. Parents could feel slightly intimidated with the thought of kids playing these roles. But the activities have been designed keeping in view the safety of children. The comfortable baby care room took care of diapering and feeding needs toddlers.
The helpful, sweet and humble staff made the experience even better.
Overall for a fun family day KidZania is a superb choice.
To always stay connected, SUBSCRIBE;)