Does there exist a woman doesn’t want a flawless glowing skin. Whether you have a baby or not, whether you are a stay at home mom or a mother who manages work and home, whether you are a teen or a tween, every girl/woman is an extraordinary creation of God. But caressing and pampering this wonderful creation is your job. I have bought most expensive cosmetics and skin care products, but nothing has helped my skin as much as Mother Nature. Best things in the world may not be free but can surely be inexpensive. Here are five homemade face packs that I simply love:
1. The yellow pack
This is a treasure I received from my mother in law. This secret face pack helped me get the glow back on my face post pregnancy.
In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons of besan, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 table-spoon of almond powder. Store this mixture in the refrigerator. Before bathing add milk to half a teaspoon of this mixture to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and neck. Wash off after 15 minutes.You can use this pack three to four times a week. You can also make a large quantity of this pack and store it in the refrigerator for long.
2. Sandalwood powder and sugar scrub
Have a party to attend? Skin looks dull and dry? Try this simple method of getting an instant glow on your face before an occasion.
Mix sandalwood powder and multani mitti in a bowl, add rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and neck and allow it to dry. Meanwhile you can get your dress ready or pack your diaper bag or choose which bag to carry. Once the pack has dried, in another bowl add a spoonful of sugar and your favorite face Moisturizer. Use this mixture to gently scrub your face while the pack is still on. Wash off after a couple of minutes. Rub ice on your face, pat it dry and wear your party look.
3. Milk powder
Mix honey and milk powder to make a paste and apply it on your face and neck. Wash off after 10 minutes. This pack will leave your face hydrated and smooth. Milk powder is my favorite natural mask while traveling. A long road trip or a tiring flight are sure to take a toll on your skin. But you want to look you ravishing best even when on a holiday? You are sure to find milk powder sachet in the hotel room. Pop one open, add some water and rub it on your face and wash off after 5 minutes.
4. Rice powder and aloe vera
Mix a tablespoon of rice powder with a tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Add some honey to the mixture to get a smooth consistency. Apply this pack on your face and neck, allow it to stay for 5 minutes, gently massage your face for another 5 minutes and wash your face with cold water. This pack helps reduce acne and dark spots. Rice powder has antibacterial properties that fight germs and acne causing bacteria. Honey and aloe vera are soothing and hydrating agents.
5. Honey and cinnamon powder
This has been my favorite face pack. Within a few times of using it, I have noticed results on my skin. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a pinch of cinnamon powder and apply it on your face and neck. Gently massage your face in upward strokes. Wash off after 10 minutes. This pack gradually reduces blackheads and whiteheads to leave your skin soft, supple and spotless.
Tips for using homemade face packs effectively
* Never use homemade face packs everyday. Excessive usage is likely to dry out your skin, making it look dull and lifeless.
* know your skin type before you try any pack. If you have dry skin use rehydrating and moisturizing packs. If you have dry skin don’t leave on the pack for too long, this would dry out your skin even further. If your skin is oily avoid using packs with cream or greasy ingredients.
* Avoid trying everything at once. Pick a face pack, try it out on your skin for a week ( preferably 3 to 4 times in a week) if you like the result on your continue to use it.
* Never apply make up on your face immediately after scrubbing. Scrubbing opens the pores of the skin, allowing the make up to penetrate in. This can cause acne and blackheads. Rub ice on your face to minimize the open pores after a home face scrub.
* Never allow any face pack to dry excessively on your face. Wash your face when the pack is semi dry.
* don’t forget to clean your face before you apply any face pack.
* you can place cucumber slices or cotton pads dipped in rose-water on your eyes when you apply the face pack. It would help you relax and rejuvenate the area around the eyes.
Is there is a pack that works wonders for you, do share it in the comments below. To never miss a post, subscribe:)
Happy prettiness lady:)
Cover pic courtesy : healthyandbeauty.in